Choose your love.... Love your choice






Monday, June 13, 2011

Engagements: Nightmare and an answer to a prayer

When I started planning my wedding I knew that I wanted to put most of my budget into photos and my video. I wanted to have the most perfect pictures and video so that I could remember the most exciting and beautiful moments of my life. I did A TON of research and found the photographer that I knew I wanted. Her name is Denise Harkey (Bella Blu Photography.) I called her and we started planning. I was so excited because I knew my pictures were going to be beautiful. To my despair, Denise messaged me a few weeks later and let me know that she needed to pick up a full time job and therefore would not be able to do my photos. I was definitely heart broken but I knew I had to start the search again. I found Brody Dezembers name. I went to his office and like some of the photos he had hung up so I decided to go with him. Because I wanted to have nice weather for my photo's, I pushed back my engagement and bridal session to the absolute possible latest date I could (bad idea to any bride out there planning a wedding). The day came and we got our engagements done. Now I have to tell you that my worst nightmare that I would truly dream about is having my pictures taken and they turn out horrible. WELL..... my nightmare came true. I got my pictures back and just bawled. You guys I am telling you, there was not a SINGLE good one. People made comments like "that doesn't look a thing like you", "I can hardly even see you in the picture", and "these are the worst engagements I have ever seen". I was completely out of time and I did not know what to do. I knelt down and said a prayer. A few minutes later, I felt like I HAD to make a desperate call to Denise (my first pick) and beg her to help me. She was the sweetest thing (bless her heart) she not only listened to be bawl my eyes out but agreed to re-take our engagements the next night! I cannot begin to tell you the difference in these pictures. I LOVED every single one. I could not pick which picture to choose. I have had so many compliments on them and they are now hanging ALL OVER my house for me to enjoy everyday. I love Denise Harkey so much and I am so grateful for her sacrifice in order to capture my perfect day beautifully.








The first set of pictures





Denise's beautiful work (Bella Blu Photography)



1 comment:

  1. Oh Goodness Brooklynne you are the Sweetest! I wish I would have just kept you scheduled the first time around to save you from this nightmare but SO HAPPY that it worked out as well as it did. Your Wedding is my Favorite so far and I loved every single thing about it.

    ReplyDelete